Azelis, a leading innovative service provider in the speciality chemicals and food ingredients industry, is delighted to announce its new distribution agreement with Merck’s Surface Solutions business unit. Effective November 1, 2021, Azelis will distribute Merck’s range of effect pigments, functional materials and cosmetic ingredients in Australia, New Zealand (ANZ) and Indonesia for the Industrial Chemicals, Surface Coatings, Plastics, Printing, Personal Care and Food & Beverage market segments.
Highlights & rationale
- This agreement reinforces Azelis’ partnership with Merck in Asia Pacific, which started with Vietnam in April 2020 and now includes ANZ and Indonesia.
- It strengthens Azelis’ portfolio in ANZ and Indonesia with the addition of Merck’s first class effect pigments, active ingredients and high quality chemical materials.
- Azelis’ commitment to growth and dedicated organisation for each industry, coupled with its technical and market expertise, proved crucial for Merck’s decision to entrust Azelis with the distribution of their specialty portfolio.
- To ensure business continuity and enhance the services provided to customers, all activities and employees under Merck’s Surface Solutions business unit in Indonesia and Australia will become part of Azelis.
- The agreement underscores Azelis’ commitment to organically grow with its key partners in Asia Pacific.
Kimberly Chung, Azelis Asia Pacific Business Development Director, commented: “This second agreement with our partner Merck in Asia Pacific is excellent acknowledgment of our key principals' trust in expanding their business footprint with us. We aim to streamline all aspects of the distribution process for our partners from supply chain management, distribution, sales and marketing to innovation and technology. Azelis is delighted to now distribute Merck’s Surface Solutions portfolio in ANZ and Indonesia, giving us a new range of advanced materials and creating new opportunities in the market.”
Panutin Tantichuwet, Head of Commercial Surface Solutions Southeast Asia and Australia, New Zealand at Merck, added: “Our partnership with Azelis in Vietnam confirmed our belief in Azelis’ ability to provide our customers with exceptional tailor-made solutions. After a year of collaboration, we can see the value they have brought to our business. Thanks to our partnership with them, we increased customer intimacy with a strong technical focus and reduced business complexity across our lateral value chain. We are confident that together we will be able to also improve our business growth in ANZ and Indonesia.”
Azelis is proud to have a partnership with Merck, a leading science and technology company operating across Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. Merck’s range of products are highly complementary to Azelis' product portfolio, as their effect pigments combine bold colour effects with powerful functionality for a wide range of applications.
Azelis has grown exponentially in Asia Pacific and expanded its presence from three countries in 2012 to 12 today: Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Azelis strives to bring the best products and ideas together to formulate innovative solutions with its partners while leveraging its network of more than 20 dedicated application laboratories in the region.